Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Happy Inaugaration Day!!! I ushered in a new era this morning surrounded by living history, 12 elderly residents in their 80's and 90's- serving donuts and coffee and listening to them talk about inaugarations past. A rare moment when I look around the room and really treasure the opportunity I have daily to learn from people three times my age, and soak in their reactions to current events and times. We all wish President Obama the best- truly a time of hope for our nation! And another hopeful moment last night....my grandmother's 83rd birthday. We brought a Dairy Queen ice cream cake to the occasion- and shared it with the staff at the nursing home. At the end of the night my grandmother was leaning against the arm of my grandfather- in her bed sound asleep. It was a very sweet moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment